Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some things to ponder

Did you ever wonder why there are two spellings of one (one and won), three spellings of two (to, too, and two) and only one spelling of three?

Why does cargo go by ship and shipment go by car?

Can there be such a thing as a "jumbo shrimp"? Is it jumbo or is it a shrimp?

If you are "head over heels in love" does that really mean anything? My head is always over my heels!

Why is it called fasting? It seems to go by so slow when I do that!

If there are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour and 24 hours in a day, how come I have no time for anything?

If I walk a mile in your shoes, do they become my shoes and would you really want them back?

If a hole has nothing in it, why are they called donut holes?

Why is a cow called beef, a pig called pork and lamb called mutton? I guess it doesn't sound good saying "give me some roast cow"

What kind of jokes do they say in Poland? What kind of jokes do blonds tell?

Do Welsh people ever pay up on bets?

If there are over 6 billion people in the world, why do we even bother with the few that bother us?

If the headline on an advertisement reads "Sale! Last Week!" does that mean you missed it?

If i can buy a bag of 300 napkins for $1.50 why do women have to spend $7.00 on just 24 napkins?

When two planes have a "near miss" does that mean they actually collided?

No comments: