Monday, July 7, 2008

Summertime!!!!!

Well, it's summer here. Hot weather, my son's graduation and the kids being home all day. I love summer because I can go outside without wrapping up in a coat that weighs as much as I do! hahaha

Last week my oldest son graduated from high school. I can honestly say that there was not one parent more proud of their child than I am. Every time I think about what he has accomplished I am just amazed. Soon he will be off to Yale. I'm going to miss him a lot. Two summers ago we spent a lot of time together and even went on a University road trip! We saw Yale, Harvard, Brown, MIT and decided to take a little side trip to Maine. We ate the "best chowder in New England"! It was just great. I will never forget that trip and how we just had a great time. I hope I can get a few days off this summer just to spend time with the 8 lb. 10 oz. baby that has grown into a 6'1'' young man. I'm so excited for his future and yet a bit sad to think he wont always be here.

This summer looks like last year though. I only had 6 days off all summer. So far it looks like I may have 10 days off. Of course, those wont be in a row, they will be scattered throughout the 2 months. Hopefully I can save some of that overtime money. I have plans for late September or early October.

Some other things I want to do this summer are go fishing, golfing, go to Toronto and maybe even see a movie. I would also like to go bowling. hahaha

We will see. I probably wont be able to do any of these things because of my work schedule but who knows. There have been a few surprises in my life that I never expected so never say never!

No comments: