Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy Weekend

I had a busy weekend. On Friday my son came home from school and told me he got an A+ on his reading test. This was great because when he moved back here from the Philippines he needed help with reading. I am so proud that he has excelled and is now doing great. He really wants to impress his older brother. I'm glad he has such a positive role model in his life.

After that I took them to get a haircut. Big brother is coming on Saturday and they want to look good! hahaha. When I looked at my daughter I saw that she had 11 inches of her hair cut off. After the initial shock I asked her why she had so much taken off. She said she wanted to donate it. Some places will accept hair if it is long enough and make wigs for people with cancer. I was so proud of her. I didn't think that a 6 year old would think that way.

Finally, on Saturday my oldest came home. I haven't seen him since November. He will be home for 2 weeks. It's great having him around. I wasn't able to spend a whole lot of time with him while he was growing up because I had to work so much overtime and at night. I really regret that. If I could do it over again I would spend more time with him and less time doing something I hated. I'm glad the lack of me being around as much as I would have liked to didn't affect him as much as it could have. He's an amazing person.

Saturday night there was a birthday party. The woman turned 50 so she got a lot of gag gifts. It was a good time.

I got some bothersome news but nothing I cant work out. Something is always happening so I am used to it by now.

No comments: